Sunday, August 13, 2006

Sniff...Sniff....Do You Smell Something????

Thursday night before I went to bed, I noticed a foul odor in our bedroom. My initial thought was that there was a dead mouse in the bedroom somewhere. Since the hubs still wasn't home I really didn't want to locate a dead mouse and have to dispose of it. So, I sprayed a bunch of air-freshener and went to bed. The next night when hubby got home, I told him of my suspicions. He went into the room and said he didn't smell anything, but thoroughly look under everything trying to locate the odor. Last night, still haven't found the culprit and it wasn't a strong enough smell to lead me to where the source was. I would think I was in the right spot then loose the scent. Anyway, I got down on the floor at the end of the bed to pick up some clothes Tater had drug out and the smell was really strong. I looked up and between the mattress and the footboard there it was! Not one but two stinky, dirty diapers. That's right diapers. Somewhere along the line, I'm sure with the pregnancy brain, I must have went to dispose of them got sidetracked in the bedroom and set them down on the bed. Then I imagine I forgot all about them, stumbled into bed and kicked the covers down, thus diapers lost at the foot of the bed. I am just so thankful that it wasn't a mouse that I could care less that I was sleeping with rotting diapers!


Stay tuned for the 13 day saga of "single" parenting!

No comments: