Thursday, June 12, 2008

Summer of Meeeeee!

Have you been wondering about my weight loss? I know you are just dying to hear all about it. Unfortunately I kind of fizzled out. I did a great job on cutting down my portion sizes and sugar intake. However, I kind of fizzled out on the whole exercise thing. I would rollerblade here and there, or go for a walk with the kids but nothing to really get me motivated. Summer Slimdown came and went and I only lost 5 lbs. Nothing major. Of course it also could have been my sweet tooth that slowed me down.

So I decided to try again this time it is the Summer of ME. Christie over at Baby Tea Leaves is keeping the fun going. This time I decided that I am going to do an actual program to keep me motivated. I have actually done the program before and had good results, so I know I can do it. I am doing the Couch to the 5k program. It is a fairly "easy" program because it starts off in small intervals and gradually works up to 30 minutes of running. I actually started the program today and boy oh boy are my legs tired! Going up and down the stairs is killing me. I really need to shower but I'm putting it off because I do not want to go up those steps! So, I have my program now I just need to find a 5k to run!

I should also try to start some sort of diet. Does anybody have any suggestions on a good one? I don't care for weight watchers that much because even though it works, I hated having to calculate my points and how much food was worth etc. So, I would like something a little easier to use.

Anyway, feel free to leave weight loss tips, recipes or any sort of motivation to help me keep that ticker moving!! Now I'm off to try to hobble up those darn stairs!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi
my name is Alex and I have a newborn little girl who was diagnosed with achondroplasia. I actually have a question that I would like to ask you after reading something in your wondeful blog. Please, contact me, here is my email address:
alexandrabray@hotmail.com
I am looking forward to hearing from you!
Thank you.
Your kids are gorgeous! Seeing your daugher makes me feel good about my daughter's future. She is so cute and looks so happy!

Christie O. said...

yay! i am just coming off the couch to 5k! it really worked for me!(i'm going to start some 10k program i found pretty soon but that just sounds like crazy talk right now). anyway, for eating, i do body for life thing. all it is is, eat six times a day, healthy food. that means whole grains (even pasta and potatoes!), veggies, fruit, lean meats and healthy snacks. the trick is, smaller portions and pairing up proteins and carbs. when i eat healthy, i eat this way anyway so it works for me! and the best part is, you get one day a week to splurge. (the body for life fits really nicely into the couch to 5k program -- because the workout part of body for life requires 3 days of cardio.) the other three days you're supposed to lift weights. anyway, if it sounds good let me know, we can be body for life buddies. :)

Catherine Merciez Wright said...

Catie,
Are you guys going to convention? Email me cmerciez@comcast.net Tonya, Sarah, Sue and I are all meeting.
Get in touch so that we can plan to meet.