Sunday, July 05, 2009

A Dog Gone Good Time

It was no surprise that Hannah chose to have a dog themed birthday party this year. Although once again it was a last minute change. Pretty much since last year she has been talking about how she wanted a Hannah Montana party. I found a cute guitar cake stencil to use, as well as cute favor and game ideas. Then shortly before the party she decided on puppy dogs. It fit her well and we had a lot of fun doing it.

We had a great turn out for the party, besides most of my family not coming:( All of our neighbors (with kids) came, most of our small group, and some family. It was a little crowded in the house, but it was worth it.

Unfortunately, I do not have any pictures of the decor (I was a little busy running around doing all the last minute stuff) so for now I will just tell you about them. I found dog dishes at Target in the $1 aisle. So I bought one for each of the kids and wrote their names on them with a paint pen. Then I put coco puffs in them (dog food) and sugar cookies cut in the shape of a bone on top. When the kids first came in we had a station for them to make a dog collar, licorice with fruit loops. The cake was in the shape of a dog face and then I made cupcakes with paw prints on them.
Games: A few weeks before Hannah's party we were at a neighbors party and they were getting ready to play pin the tale on the donkey. Hannah kept saying that she did not want to play. I could not figure out why because she had played all of the other games up to that point. She asked me if she could just watch. Then she asked me where they kept him at. Who? The donkey, is he outside? It was so funny. She actually thought there was a real donkey that she had to try to pin a tale on! After explaining to her it was pretend and showing her the picture, she was ready to play.


Of course she wanted to play pin the tale at her party. I tried to find a pin the tale on the dog, but couldn't so we were stuck with a donkey. We also had a barking contest and a pinata.

Hannah with all of her loot!

Her big gift from Mommy, Daddy, Grandma and Grandpa Fries, Grandma and Grandpa Lauck and Uncle Matt. We are looking forward to using that this summer!

No comments: