Thursday, April 16, 2009

You Capture Week Eight

This weeks challenge over at I Should Be Folding Laundry was Rustic. Again, I had a hard time with this challenge. Perhaps I am not that creative, or maybe I just procrastinate too much. Hmm, food for thought. Anyway, rustic...what in the world is rustic in my new suburbia? There is a nice barn down the street, but again I am looking for something a little more original. How about these suckers:
My backyard is filled with dandelions. That is pretty "country" isn't it? Maybe clover could be considered rustic? (Enlarge to see the morning dew on it.)
A rocking chair is definitely rustic...right? Well Beth said there is no wrong answer so I guess these are rustic enough for me!
My goal for next week is to actually work on the challenge throughout the week so that I am not scrambling around at the last minute trying to find something. Great idea self.

12 comments:

Alice said...

i have a little bed of clover just below my dining room window. they do make for nice photos, don't they? your dandelion makes nice, country rustic, too :O). thanks for posting.

i have my "rustic" shots posted, feel free to come on over to The Shadow of the Cross and visit for awhile :O)

Terri said...

Great Captures

Erin said...

That rocking chair looks so comfy!

tiarastantrums said...

I wish I had a front porch for that rocker!

Michelle Simpson Photos said...

I love the rocking chair!

InTheFastLane said...

I think the chair is my favorite.

Christy M. said...

Clover and dandelions are definitely plentiful here in the country! And I love the angle of your shot of the rocking chair! Great captures!!

april said...

I really like the rocking chair! Great shot!

Unknown said...

I want your rocking chair... :)

good pictures!

Kim said...

Your pictures are great. I love the rocking chair!

Destini said...

If you needed rustic you totally should have called me up - we've got hay bales and fence and all things rustic around our house!

Lisa said...

I admire your dedication to stay with the photo project. I think it's been great fun!