Friday, November 07, 2008

Fall Fun and Other Ramblings

Yesterday we enjoyed some awesome warm weather, so we decided to take advantage of it and play outside. All. Day. Long. (Except nap time because I'm not crazy!) We had such a wonderful time; raking the leaves, jumping in the leaves, throwing the leaves at each other, burying each other in the leaves, basically doing all things involved with leaves.
I managed to get some good shots of Hannah. I could post quite of few of her in the leaves because she is such a good subject. She will comply when I ask her to sit still for a few minutes.
Alex on the other hand is a different story. Being his two year old self it was hard to get a good picture of him. He was a ball of constant motion. So, I finally gave up, put the camera away and just enjoyed my kids.

We had such a fun time together! The downside was that the house got a little neglected. Never mind the fact that we spent all the daylight hours outside, there still managed to be a big mess! Oh well. It was worth it and I will gladly choose spending time with my children over housekeeping any day.
Also, I somehow forgot that since I was the one responsible for making beer bread for a Tastefully Simple party tonight, that I would you know need beer. Of course I did not remember that small little fact until well after the kids were in bed. So first thing today we ran out and bought some beer so I could make the stinking bread. After only 30 minutes in the oven (it is supposed to bake for almost an hour) I started to smell burning bread. Uh-oh, sure enough it was a little burnt. Again, oh well. We'll just scrape that part off!!
Lastly, some house news. It is finally official, I think. We have a closing date!! We will finally be closing the week of Thanksgiving, which will make for a busy Thanksgiving around these parts. Of course it will be worth it to finally be living together again.

4 comments:

Danielle said...

I love the fall pictures! I would love to get to play in the leaves with my girls...if only we had trees that lost leaves here! I think we have one, but it's small and I doubt there'd be enough to rake, no less play in! Congratulations on getting a closing date...it should make for a happy holiday to be in your new home!
Danielle

Kim said...

I love the pictures. So pretty. Isn't fall the best? I am so excited for your potential closing date. What a cool holiday gift a little early!

Caden and Mommy said...

Catie!
Love the fall leaf pictures, which reminds me I think I have a whole yard of leaves waiting for us at home (yuck!) Glad things are going well with the house!
Trisha

Destini said...

Glad you got to enjoy the warm weather before this weekend hit! The kids look like they had a great time playing in the leaves!