Wednesday, February 07, 2007

It's like finding a needle in a haystack

If you walked into my house right now you would see chaos, sheer chaos. I do not know what it is, but since I had the second child I cannot stay on top of the house work. I would be so embarrassed if somebody stopped by right now because that is how messy it is. I must clarify; messy, not dirty because I do manage to keep it clean, you know dusting, sweeping, mopping etc. It's just that I can't keep the "stuff" picked up. I just can't seem to find that balance of playing with the kids and cleaning during the day. Not to mention that I will pick up a room and five minutes later it will be messy again. Mostly from Tater, but also from hubs. OK and a little from me. Regardless, it never fails that when we need something it is nowhere to be found, until we don't need it anymore. Right now hubs is missing his beloved video game and apparently I am the keeper of all things in this house. I should know where this game is because the last time he saw it was in the computer room. Obviously if he would put it back where it belonged it wouldn't be missing, but that is neither here nor there. We tore the entire office/spare bedroom apart last night looking for this stupid game. Do you think we found the game? Nope, and I am tired of hearing him whine about it. So if it is not found by Valentine's Day guess what hubs is getting....the newer version of said game. That takes care of that problem, now if somebody could just send the maid over I would appreciate it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Catie! I had the same "clean-up" problem at my house. Since I'm so prego at the moment, its been hard to keep up with all of the "clutter" in the house with the children, so we've been having a couple of clean-up times so they can help. I know it sounds impossible with 2 year-olds, but I give them one job to focus on and they love the praise when they are done. I usually do it right before lunch and then again with just Julia right before daddy gets home, that way you are getting some help with the clean-up and the house is getting a quick face lift. Hope that idea helps!