Monday, April 28, 2014

A Tale of Woe

A year of pictures gone. GONE. It all started a few months after Madelyn was born. Our laptop crashed and along with it went ALL of her hospital pictures AND first Christmas pictures. I was crushed. Thankfully, we did have pictures that the grandparents took as well as a few pictures I took on my phone.
Fast forward a few months to this summer, and our external hard drive crashes. What is going on?! Again, thankfully we had the pictures backed up onto our desktop. Still, I mentioned to my husband I was nervous about synching my phone because I did not want to lose the few pictures we had of Madelyn's life.
Fast forward again to last week. My husband accidentally erased our desktop. Before we backed it up. I have pretty much relied on my phone to take videos and pictures of the kids lately. It is just so much easier. So, unfortunately that meant that I lost all the pictures from October 2012 to September 2013. All of the cute videos of the 2 year old talking and singing. All the cute baby firsts. All of the kids pictures. Gone.
He was able to piece the external hard drive back together and recover the files from it. Unfortunately, he was not able to recover anything from our desktop. I am so sad and upset. Needless to say, I am going to try to be better at printing pictures off so that this doesn't happen again. Oh, and he also went out and bought a wireless storage unit thing that backs up the files automatically. (Not sure of the technical name)!

No comments: